Termination Pay Payrolls
Termination pays are always processed in a payroll, just like any other payments.
Depending on when the person is finishing, you have several options.
- If the termination pay is to be made on the same pay day as your normal payroll,
include the termination pay with your usual payroll.
- If the termination pay is to be made after your normal pay day,
process and confirm your normal payroll as usual. Then open an
to calculate the termination pay.
- If the termination pay is to be made before your normal pay day, and you haven't
started your normal payroll, open an
to calculate the termination pay. Then you can process and confirm your normal payroll as usual.
- If you have a "sudden" termination, and you have to make up a termination pay,
but are in the middle of processing your normal payroll for a later payday,
you will have to do a manual payment.
- Process the person's termination pay within the normal payroll you are working on.
- Change the person's remaining pay transaction
(the very last entry on their timesheet) to CHEQUE.
(This will remove the person's pay from the banking schedules,
ensuring that the person isn't paid this amount in the normal banking).
- Manually pay the person their termination pay, either via a cheque or by transferring the
money into their bank account yourself (i.e. not through our services).
Reinstating a Person
A person who has not finished, or has returned to work can be reinstated.
- Go to the Person's "Reinstate" tab, within the People Menu, and press the "Reinstate Person" button.
- Review the Person's Personal Details page, updating information as required.
(e.g. the person may now have a different bank account, if they left some time ago).
- Review the Person's Leave Balances page.